Endoca

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Simple After Dinner Snack

If you decide to go on The Makers Diet like I am, you will have a lot of foods to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner..and snacks too. Oh yeah, what is a day of eating if you can not indulge after dinner on a snack of some sort?
One of the after dinner snacks I have been eating is halved strawberries and goat cheese. Have you ever had goat cheese? If not, why not. It has a flavor all its own I can tell you that. To me, it tastes a little bit sour/little bit plain. Yeah, it is strange, but addicting nonetheless. When the goat cheese is eaten with strawberry halves, it is just delicious.
Tonight though, I will have another after dinner snack (8PM): Apple slices, Almond butter ( I have this) and honey. I have all these on hand so this will make for a great snack.

Now, in The Maker's Diet book, there are a lot of other breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options. The author, Jordan Rubin, wrote up example menus for every two weeks. Since this is a 40 Day diet plan that is.

There are three phases to this diet plan. Each phase has foods/drinks to eat and those to avoid. So, for each week, or every other week, you can take away or add foods which are not recommended for the phase you are in. The phases are so your body and mind will begin to detoxify of all the toxins circling around in your brain and body. In fact, I know this is the reason for foods to eat/avoid in the three phases.

I am in Phase II now. So I have more foods I can add to my meals now. Two weeks ago, I could not eat apples, this next two weeks, I can add apples and almonds to my diet. This diet is very good and I would recommend it to anyone looking to just eat better. The best thing about this diet is, it is not a diet at all. Really, these are foods you can find at any grocery store, organic grocery store or farmer's market. I am not sure where you live, but it is highly unlikely you have grass fed beef, chicken, venison. I do not have any of this in my city, so I can only eat corn fed beef, chickens,etc.

Whether I make breakfast, lunch or dinner, and the recipe asks for olive oil or coconut, I always use coconut oil. I have been using coconut oil for about four to five years now and not only does it taste good, it makes your whole home smell delicious too. Did you know coconut oil is for more than food? Yeah, it is excellent for skin. If you are not already using coconut oil for all your cooking and baking...well, it is time you switch from store bought oils..

There is only one thing I really have to improvise on when it comes to drinking and that is Raw Cow or Goat Milk. I really want to taste Raw Cow or Goat Milk..Gold, this is the true Gold....Raw Cow and Goat Milk is the GOLD..not this homogenized, watered down, totally fake milk. It is sad though that I live in the Central Valley and I am not able to find any raw cow or goat milk anywhere. Hey, how about contraband raw cow or goat milk...is there such a thing?

What is that saying, "You are with You eat!" Yeah, we say this a lot, but when your health is at risk, it takes on a whole new meaning. Okay, so if by chance, you mess up on one day of this diet, do not start over from the beginning. I mean, we are human beings and we mess up. I speak from experience as I have messed up two times now. I did not start over, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (KJV) where I know my healing resides. I am not only doing this diet for a one timer, no I want to eat this way all the time. I mean, what is the point of doing a diet if you plan on going back to the "old ways"?

No comments:

Post a Comment