Endoca

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pretty Daisy and Sunflower Writing Pens I Made

Making floral writing pens is a lot of fun. Not only are they easy to make, they are easy to give. When I began making these floral writing pens two years ago, I had no idea how to cover the sticky green/black tape. This is tape that wraps around the pen, holding the flower in place.

It was not until this year that I began purchasing all sorts of colorful ribbon. But, it was not until this week that I began using the colorful ribbons to hide the sticky tape.

The first time I tried using the ribbon, I was not sure how I would connect the ribbon to the each pen. Then, a lightbulb came on and with some fabric glue I have, I was able to put some fabric glue on each end of the exposed ribbon. With the fabric glue now of the exposed ribbon, I then laid that exposed ribbon across the ribbon hiding the sticky tape.

Here are the new floral pens I made and you can see the ribbon attached to the pens, hiding the sticky tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment