Endoca

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Homemade Vegetable Soup

This afternoon I made the most amazing Vegetable Soup. There is this website I found for people with illnesses. This website is called Clean Cuisine & More. When I was first diagnosed with the same illness Ivy had been diagnosed with, I did a lot of research on it, especially on the right foods to eat. Well, back in early 2006, I could only find one or two websites pertaining to any diet that would slow down or even reverse this illness.

I have never, nor will I ever, claim this illness as mine. You know how a LOT of people, with certain diseases say, "My disease" when referring to what is in their body or when you listen to all those commercials on drugs for "My disease", well I NEVER claim this illness to be MINE. What I say is, "This illness happens to reside in my body, temporarily but I AM healed by the Blood of the Lamb." I serve a God who heals and He is my Great Physician.

In fact, I dislike drugs with a passion and in the beginning of this diagnosis, I denied this illness....and still do today, even though I take this "therapy" every evening.

But I digress....

Back on track here, when I found this website, it was as if the Lord dropped it in my lap(top). Ivy tells her story and how she searched high and low for ways to heal herself from this illness. She knew there had to be a way, through diet, to reverse this illness.

God says, "My people perish from a lack of knowledge. Hosea 4: 6 (KJV)" and I have this on all my outgoing emails. I have always believed this, for any situation, and since I have been searching for knowledge on this illness, I knew my God would direct me to the information I needed to heal my body, naturally, and reverse this illness, completely without anymore drugs.

Ever since finding Ivy's website, I have read up on what I need to do in order to heal myself. Ivy and her husband, Andrew, have free recipes for current patients like myself and anyone with an illness or just searching for ways to stay healthy. I was so glad to see she has free recipes on her website. This told me she is not looking for a profit. Ivy does speaking engagements and sells books, but thank her for adding  free recipes to her website.

When Ivy talks about "Clean" eating, she is referring to organic and gluten free veggies, fruits, meat and breads. Where Ivy lives, it looks as if she has all she needs to make these meals. Even though I live in the Central Valley, San Joaquin County, CA..the bread basket of America and the World, I am unable to find all the organic foods I need to make these "Clean foods". Raleys and Safeway are beginning to sell more organic and gluten free foods, but it costs a lot.

My city does have a Farmer's Market in the middle of the week and on Saturday. I do my best to go to the Farmer's Market on the weekends. My city does not have a Trader Joe's, my favorite grocery store of all time. I have to drive to a city 25 miles away, in both directions, from my city. Or I will shop online at iHerb. In fact, I just purchased some of the organic products I need, non veggies and fruits, for the majority of my meals.

This afternoon, I made the Easy Vegetable Soup and it was easy to make, even with all the ingredients involved in this recipe. Leeks are in this soup and Collards. I added Leeks and this was the first time I have ever eaten Leeks, but I did not add Collards..only because I forget all the veggies included in this soup. Next time I will add all the ingredients, except for the bell pepper.

After cooking this on the stove, I ate it for lunch and I loved it! Wow for my first time making a HOMEMADE Vegetable Soup, I have to say I outdid myself.

Ivy and her husband are a blessing and I will have to follow her guidelines to healing, especially if I want to stop taking this "therapy" and be completely healed. Sometimes, the Lord uses everyday people,and not doctors, to heal those like me  from illness which found it's way into my, body.

**Disclaimer:This is not a paid article by Clean Cuisine Eating and More, but my personal opinion on this website and the foods given out for free by Ivy and her husband. Reversing any illness and/or heal is possible, if you know where to look. **

No comments:

Post a Comment