Endoca

Friday, October 15, 2010

Decoupage Jewelery Box I Made for a Friend

Making things at home is fun. I have always been a crafty individual. It seems the older I get, the more creative I get as well. When my twins were still babies, I made them one of these boxes as well. The boxes I made my twins was smaller, as the store where I purchased the unfinished boxes did not sell the somewhat larger size then.

With these boxes, I whitewash paint them. I do not sand them down as that takes away from the somewhat natural look. Once I whitewash the boxes, I add a different color like blue, silver or gold. Once the paint drys, I glue on the cut out photos. It does take time to allow the glue, like the paint, to dry. When the glue is finally dried for the photos, I use one of those black foam brushes to apply the decoupage glue to the top of the photos. Along with the photos, I like to stick pretty floral stickers on the box. These stickers give the box a more feminine look. These decoupage glue, once cured, will give the photos an aged look.

Here are the photos from the decoupage jewelery box I made.






No comments:

Post a Comment