Endoca

Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy 60th Birthday Card for my Mom

This is the birthday card I made for my Mom's 60th birthday. I really like making homemade cards. They do take at least two to three days to make, but they always put a smile on your family or friends face.

Making and giving a homemade card is also something which will more likely be kept and not thrown away.

This is what this card looked like as I was making it and you too can make these type of cards.

First, I start out in Microsoft Word, with a blank page. From the blank page, I click on Insert>Picture>Wordart. Once this toolbar is open or added to the bottom of the open Word document, I click on the Big, Blue letter "A". The Word Art Gallery box will open up. The first box, on the left, will be outlined. This is the box I use when making my cards because I like to us puff paint and glitter in the open letters.

Once you find the font you want to use for making your card, write out what you want for your birthday, wedding or anniversay card(s). Then, print out the wording and cut out the words for your card.

Now, I usually purchase my blank cards in bulk at either a craft store or mass retailer.

Here are photos of what my Mom's card looked like in the making:


No comments:

Post a Comment