Endoca

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Making Homemade Terra Cota Paintings is Fun

The summer of 2005, I purchased some terra cota planting pots. With these planting pots, I thought it would be nice paint some designs on them.

So, I purchased some acrylic paints from my craft store and whatever was in my head, I transferred to a terra cota planter.

These are real easy to make because one,they are your own design and two, the paint dries quickly.

This means, you can make as many as you want, when you want and for who you want.

They make great gifts for family, friends and yourself.

The terra cota pots can be purchased at your grocery store, craft store, hardware store or mass retailer.

Have fun making these and see if you can sell some..



God Bless!!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! It is so cute! I like it so much! I have a fascination with hand made goods. I learned how to paint on glass. Here I want to share it with you.


    You will need:
    1 glass painting kit
    White paper
    A piece of glass (10 by 12) inches’

    Steps:

    1. Draw any design on paper (flower, bird, scenery etc)
    2. Place the paper under the glass.
    3. There should be a liner in the paint kit. Draw the whole design on glass using the liner.
    4. Keep it in a dry place for 30 minutes and let the liner become dry.
    5. Then apply glass color on the design with the brush. When finished painting, place the glass in a dry place for 2 hours.
    6. Bind the glass with a frame.

    Now it is ready to hang on a wall. On http://www.savvyhomemade.com/homemade-crafts.html - there are so many home made ideas! I hope you will like it.

    ReplyDelete